Old Paths Homestead - raising Nubian goats and meat rabbits in Oklahoma

Slice of my life
Soap
The herd
powered by

My Blog

So, I'll admit ...

So .... over the last few days I have slowly come to the realization that I may not have seen my son this much in love with a goat before. He is so enamoured with Cleopatra, there is something new about the connection between them - goat folks will know what I am talking about and animal lovers will likely know as well. We had goats for years now and there have been many special ones along the way .... somehow, this is different and I got a rare treat today to be able to capture it with my lens.

Unplanned as may be, it started at bottle feeding time ... unfolded to a story of its own and I was touched as it spoke to me. I hope you can see what I see ... a love of a child in its unique blend towards a critter that cannot speak or repay the affection in the same way - yet, there is it. And growing :)

6 Comments to So, I'll admit ... :

Comments RSS
Michelle S. on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:04 PM
So sweet, this makes my heart happy :)
Reply to comment

Roxane on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 9:18 PM
Yes, I can absolutely see what you are talking about. She definitely loves him as much as he does her. Precious pictures Jana!
Reply to comment

Lindsay on Thursday, February 09, 2012 12:04 AM
One of the reasons we love goats is their affectionate natures. There just isn't any other animal that is more happy to see you and nibble your shirt than goats. :) And that Cleopatra gets cuter every day!
Reply to comment

the tour group on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:52 AM
What i don't realize is actually how you're now not really much more neatly-appreciated than you might be now. You're so intelligent. You realize therefore considerably with regards to this topic, made me personally consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women aren't involved except it' one thing to do with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. All the time care for it up!
Reply to comment

website on Monday, August 25, 2014 11:06 AM
The fantastic capabilities of the belt sander will provide, inter alia, bigger accelerate within the belt does not necessarily will need confrontation, along with the location tutorial an intensive renovation
Reply to comment

Carmen Panasci on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:35 PM
with all of them their precious choices?
Reply to comment